The Google Pixel 6 is a smart mid-range phone from Google that follows the good but uninspired Pixel 5. It stands between Google’s high-end flagship, the Pixel 6 Pro, and the more economical Pixel 4a, and offers a good feature-to-value ratio for the price of $999. This pixel easily outperforms the competition, replacing the Pixel 5a. With the combination of strong camera performance, long battery life, and unbeatable Android software, pixel 6 replaces Pixel 5a.
While Google’s new Tensor chipset doesn’t completely revolutionize the wheel, it does enable the handset’s camera software to generate some of the greatest images we’ve seen from a phone. The Pixel 6 is a higher-end phone than its predecessors, with a more streamlined appearance and more powerful cameras. Google pixel 6 features the new Tensor chipset, which is the company’s first silicon.
Google Tensor, a mobile system on a chip built exclusively for Google’s industry-leading AI, lies at the heart of the new Pixel lineup. Google Tensor gives your smartphone new capabilities, making the Pixel 6 more useful and personal.
In this article, our techs from Bondi Beach will tear down the setup of the latest Google Pixel 6.
Google Pixel 6- Price & Colour
The Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro were announced on October 19, and both smartphones were released on October 25. The Pixel 6 starts at AU$999 for 128GB of storage and goes up to AU$1,129 for 256GB.
The Pixel 6 is available in three colours: Stormy Black (grey/black) and Sorta Seafoam (blue/green) for the 256GB storage variant, and Kinda Coral (pink/red) for the 128GB storage option.
Also Read: Our latest review on iPhone 13
Google Pixel 6- Unboxing
This year, Google has joined the minimalist packaging trend, with a small box that cleverly conceals a large device inside. The packing is smaller than prior years, thanks in part to the loss of earphones and a power brick.
When you open the distinctly Google white cardboard box, you’re greeted by the 6.4″ display, which is protected by an adhesive barrier. In terms of google pixel accessories, it comes with a 1m USB C to USB C charging cable, a USB A to USB C transfer converter, the quick start instructions, and a SIM tool are all that’s included under the phone.
Stay tuned as our experts from Bondi Beach discuss the best features of Pixel 6.
Google Pixel 6- Features
- Machine learning features are powered by new Tensor chips.
- The main camera has a 50MP sensor, while the ultra wide angle camera has a 12MP sensor and a 114-degree field of view.
- One of the Pixel 6 features includes a Magic Eraser that makes it simple to eliminate people and objects from your photos’ backgrounds.
- Android 12 brings a new interface to the Pixel, with wallpapers and icons that match the aesthetic of your phone.
- Several Tensor-powered capabilities are available in the Google Assistant, including calling assistants and voice-powered recognition.
- The Pixel 6 features a 6.4-inch 1080p display. It can be programmed to adjust from 60Hz to 90Hz automatically based on the content on the screen. The screen is flat, with thick, Sharpie-like bezels that bleed into the matte-finish aluminium sides, and the selfie camera has a hole-punch cutout.
- The fingerprint sensor in the display is comparable to that found on the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. It’s quick and accurate, with a 95% accuracy rate. It’s also one of the simplest to set up that we’ve come across.
- The Google Pixel 6 should be able to endure minor drops and scratches thanks to its Gorilla Glass Victus display and back.
- The combination of Android 12 and the Tensor processor brings plenty of new privacy and security features. The Pixel 6 comes with several unique Android 12 capabilities, some of which are Tensor-powered.
- It includes face Unblur, which relies on Google’s machine learning power to ensure that the face of the subject you’re attempting to shoot is always sharp, is another useful Pixel 6-exclusive camera feature.
You might also be interested in: Top iOS 15.1 features
Google Pixel 6- Review
Smartphones that aren’t produced by Apple or Samsung are in a fierce battle for recognition. But there’s no doubt that this is unlike any other Google phone, from its distinct new appearance to the Google-designed Tensor processor that now drives the company’s premium phones.
In our Google pixel 6 review, this is, without a doubt, the best deal Google has ever offered in a hardware device. It outperforms the competition in practically every way: performance is excellent, build quality is excellent, update support is exceptional, and the cameras are just fantastic.
Google lifted the standard, stopped making hardware errors, and did so while offering the lowest price for a flagship Pixel ever. The Google Pixel 6 isn’t only Google’s best phone — and, in my opinion, the best phone of 2021 — it’s also the company’s most inexpensive flagship.
Hope you loved this piece from our techs in Bondi Beach! If you face any kind of issue with your mobile device then feel free to visit mobile phone repairs nearby.
Thanks for reading!